- This event has passed.
Blackpool Heritage Guided Lightworks Tour
5 July 2017£4 – £8
Blackpool’s world famous Illuminations have captivated audiences for over one hundred years
In 1912, the first royal visit by Princess Louise was celebrated by 10,000 lamps down the promenade. Today, the Illuminations have transformed into digitally controlled features which light up the resort every Autumn and attract around 3.5 million visitors a year.
Take a tour round the Illuminations Depot with our Heritage Guides, who will introduce you to the rich history of the Illuminations and the celebrated collection containing over 20,000 designs, photographs and objects dating from the 1920s to present day. The tour includes a guided walk around the workshop, where the 2d designs are transformed into large scale models. See some of your favourite pieces and experience where the magic happens on this enjoyable tour.
Scheduled guided tour dates for 2017:
- Wednesday 31st May, 1.30pm
- Saturday 17th June, 11.15am
- Wednesday 5th July, 4.15pm
- Saturday 29th July, 11.15am
- Saturday 14th October, 11.15am
- Wednesday 1st November, 1.30pm
Tours last for approximately 90 minutes. Meeting point is the Lightworks reception (see map below for directions).
- Adults – £8pp
- Children (U16) – £4pp -must be accompanied by an adult
- Children (U4) – Free with a paying adult